Goetta Burgers with Mac&Cheese Buns
- 1 pack Glier's Goetta Patties
- 1 box Macaroni Noodles
- 1/2 block Velveeta Cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cups Panko Crumbs
- Oil to fry with
- Red Onion
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season the water well with salt then add the pasta.
- Broil for 9-10 minutes, strain the pasta once it is cooked.
- Place pasta back in the pot with the cheese and ½ cup of milk.
- Stir over medium heat until all of the cheese is melted, add more milk as needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the pasta onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread it evenly to the thickness you want for your buns.
- Cover the Mac & Cheese with plastic wrap then freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Once the Mac & Cheese is frozen remove it from the parchment and cut it into the shape of buns.
- Set up a breading station with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Make sure the buns are well coated in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Set on a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with the other buns.
- Brown the Goetta patties in a pan with a small amount of oil for more even browning.
- Assemble your burger with all of your favorite toppings and enjoy!