Goetta Breakfast Pastry
- 1/2 lb Glier's Goetta
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup Half and Half
- 4 cups Uncooked Spinach
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar
- 1 roll Premade Pizza Crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the Goetta then set aside on a towel-lined plate.
- Cook the spinach in a pan with 2 cloves of finely minced garlic. Set the cooked spinach aside.
- Scramble 4 eggs together with the half and half. Cook the eggs until they are slightly underdone.
- Unroll the pizza dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Place diagonal cuts 1-1 ½ inch apart on the edges of the dough on the right and the left sides. These will be folded over the filled pastry, leave plenty of room in the middle of the pastry.
- Start filling the pastry, first with half of the cheese.
- Next, add the browned Goetta, then the eggs and spinach.
- Finally, sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- To close the pastry cross the dough strips over the middle, alternating from right to left.
- Tuck the top and bottom ends of the pastry under itself, this will prevent the fillings from spilling out.
- Beat an egg and brush it over the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning the pan halfway through the baking time to evenly brown the pastry. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, cut and serve.