Goetta Bite Mini Corn Dogs
- 1 bag Glier's Goetta Bites
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1.5 cups Self-rising cornmeal
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1.5 cups Buttermilk
- Vegetable Oil
- Wooden Skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Start by soaking the skewers in water, this will keep them from burning in the oil.
- Make sure the Goetta Bites are fully thawed.
- Lightly coat the bites in corn starch, use your hand to remove any of the excess corn starch.
- Next, place the bites on the sticks and set aside.
- Start heating your oil to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, and buttermilk.
- Add more buttermilk if the mixture is too thick.
- Once the oil is hot drop a small amount of batter into the oil to make sure it is not too hot or too cold.
- Batter the bites and drop batches into the oil, 5-6 at a time.
- If you overload the oil the temperature will drop too much.
- Fry the bites for 2-3 minutes, flipping/stirring regularly to ensure the batter is browning on all sides.
- Once golden brown, remove the bites from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined tray.
- The only thing left to do is serve and enjoy!